One year before the arrival of a new generation offering more modern looks and a hybrid variant, the 2020 Toyota Tundra is going on sale across Canada with no fewer than 17 trim levels and configurations to choose from.
The list includes two new additions, namely the Tundra TRD Sport Premium and TRD Off-Road Premium.
The first one (available in Double Cab or CrewMax configuration) and the second expand their respective model’s equipment by featuring Connected Services by Toyota – Premium Audio with Remote, which adds embedded navigation and Destination Assist, leather-wrapped seats and steering wheel, dual-zone automatic climate control, a blind spot monitor with rear cross traffic alert and a spray-in bed liner.
The most affordable version is a Tundra 4x2 Double Cab SR5 Plus with a base MSRP of $40,190. It also receives a number of upgrades for 2020, including a seven-inch touchscreen display audio system, Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration, all-season floor mats and vinyl flooring for more durability.
The same trim 4x4 configuration offers Connected Services by Toyota - Audio Plus, which features Safety Connect and a new eight-inch touchscreen display audio system with seven speakers. Also new this year, this version adds a digital compass in the vehicle display.
All Tundra pickups continue to rely on a 5.7-litre V8 that produces 381 horsepower and 401 pound-feet of torque. Mated to a six-speed automatic transmission with sequential shift mode and tow/haul capabilities, this engine enables the Tundra to tow anywhere from 8,800 pounds to 10,000 pounds, depending on configuration.
Incidentally, all Tundras also come out of the factory with a tow package featuring a heavy-duty tow hitch receiver, four- and seven-pin wiring harnesses, a supplemental transmission cooler and a transmission fluid temperature gauge.
Here is detailed pricing for the 2020 Toyota Tundra:
- Tundra 4x2 Double Cab SR5 – $40,190
- Tundra 4x4 Double Cab SR5 – $45,960
- Tundra 4x4 Double Cab SR5 Long Bed – $47,700
- Tundra 4x4 Double Cab SX – $46,250
- Tundra 4x4 Double Cab TRD Off-Road – $49,250
- Tundra 4x4 Double Cab TRD Sport – $50,550
- Tundra 4x4 Double Cab TRD Sport Premium – $53,550
- Tundra 4x4 Double Cab TRD Pro – $64,400
- Tundra 4x4 CrewMax SR5 – $46,980
- Tundra 4x4 CrewMax SX – $47,350
- Tundra 4x4 CrewMax TRD Off-Road – $50,620
- Tundra 4x4 CrewMax TRD Off-Road Premium – $53,620
- Tundra 4x4 CrewMax TRD Sport – $51,970
- Tundra 4x4 CrewMax TRD Sport Premium – $54,970
- Tundra 4x4 CrewMax TRD Pro – $67,270
- Tundra 4x4 CrewMax Platinum – $62,750
- Tundra 4x4 CrewMax Platinum 1794 Edition – $63,250